Frigidaire Water Filter – ULTRAWF Cartridge HOW TO INSTALL REMOVE AND RESET
Buy it HERE! AMAZON link
Buy GoPro HERE! Amazon Item link:
Buy Panasonic 4K Camera HERE! Amazon Link:
Buy Power Director Pro HERE! Amazon Link:
If you live on the country you’re probably on a well. Most systems will have a whole house water filter that needs to changed every so often. The filter is responsible for keeping sand and contaminants out of your water lines. Some 2 phase filters even have a carbon wrap to eliminate any well water taste as well.
DIY Water Purifier w/non-electric “Human Powered” Pump! simple “activated carbon” water filter w/siphon pump. made using PVC pipe, (w/a couple of brass fittings), some scrap window screen – and the carbon. great for purifying tap water, rain water, stream/river water (or any “moving” water source). works good with lake/pond water too (just boil it before or after filtering). activated carbon filtering removes over 200 chemical contaminants (herbicides/pesticides, pharmaceuticals… you name t). also removes all bad odors/tastes/smells and removes most dirt debris and sediment. pump is $5.59 from harbor freight. carbon from walmart $6.00 and PVC (@brass fittings) from home depot. great for camping/hiking/off-grid/emergency/shtf or everyday use. couple of notes: if collection container is lower than source water, then you only have to pump it a few times (to get it going) and it will run theoretically forever (siphoning action). ppm water reading included in video. the pump is multi-use. it comes with an air hose too, so it can be used for air mattresses, beach balls etc…
Lonnie shows here how he built (and how you can too) a water filtration system that is great for a small cabin or camp or even to have for emergencies in town. The total cost to build was MUCH cheaper that the professionally manufactured filtration systems but yet it is every bit as effective since it uses the same ceramic filters as they use. It is a very simple project and uses the tools that you may already have.
This episode summarizes the Aquasana Whole-House Water Filtration System – operation and maintenance to include the salt-free water softener and DIY maintenance procedures for filter replacement. For more info check out the Aquasana website HERE – http://bit.ly/2NzuUwb
To learn more about water issues in/around your home, check out our site – https://myoldhousefix.com/2018/07/22/tap-water-safe-drink/
Ask This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey explains the many options available for filtering drinking water. (See below for a shopping list and steps.)
SUBSCRIBE to This Old House: http://bit.ly/SubscribeThisOldHouse
Shopping List for How to Choose a Water Filter:
Pitcher-style water filter [https://amzn.to/2Ls4Kxc]
Faucet-mounted water filter [https://amzn.to/2NXQxtH]
Under-sink water filter [https://amzn.to/2ZUdDJ5]
Under-sink reverse-osmosis water filter [https://amzn.to/2O1PRDB]
Whole-house water filter [https://amzn.to/2NV4jxf]
Sediment filter [https://amzn.to/34FDkvB]
Steps for How to Choose a Water Filter:
1. The simplest way to filter tap water is with a pitcher-style water filter, which has a granulated carbon filter that improves taste and odor, and removes some chlorine and sediment.
2. Faucet-mounted filters have a switch that diverts tap water through a granulated carbon filter. Turn on the switch for filtered drinking water; flip it off when washing dishes.
3. For greater water filtration convenience and capacity, install an under-sink, dual-filter system that has its own gooseneck faucet.
4. For optimum point-of-use filtration, consider a reverse-osmosis system. Water passes through a series of three filters, resulting in extremely clean, pure drinking water.
5. Whole-house water filters are installed near the water main and are ideal for delivering clean, filtered water to every faucet throughout the entire house.
6. There are a variety of filters available to remove a wide range of impurities.
7. Sediment filters contain a stainless-steel pre-screen filter and back-flush system that automatically cleans the filter.
8. For the highest level of water filtration, first have your tap water tested, then call in a water-treatment specialist to install a whole-house filtration system designed specifically to treat your water.
About Ask This Old House TV:
Homeowners have a virtual truckload of questions for us on smaller projects, and we’re ready to answer. Ask This Old House solves the steady stream of home improvement problems faced by our viewers—and we make house calls! Ask This Old House features some familiar faces from This Old House, including Kevin O’Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, and landscape contractor Roger Cook.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more on This Old House and Ask This Old House, visit us at: http://bit.ly/ThisOldHouseWebsite
How to Choose a Water Filter | Ask This Old House
In this video I show you how I made a gravity fed water filter for under $35. It’s a “how to” with the supplies needed and the cost of the project. I made this in less than 1/2 hour so it’s quick, easy and cheap. It also may just save your life some day so it’s super important.
You can use this filter with a Doulton or Berkey filter and you can add the fluoride filter to the bottom if that’s a concern.
Get your Doulton filters here: http://amzn.to/1Um8HOh
Get your Berkey filters here: http://amzn.to/1X6WUtg
Just the Berkey fluoride filters here: http://amzn.to/1U3Z896
Visit my website: www.offgridnation.com