What is Oxamyl?

Oxamyl is a white, crystalline solid chemical with chemical formula C7H13N3O3S produced in either liquid and granulated form. The compound has a slightly sulfurous and garlic-like odor. It is a carbamate pesticide considered as an extremely hazardous substance in the United States. It is a noncorrosive chemical with a melting point of 100-102 C.

What is the Use of Oxamyl?

The colorless chemical produced is used as a pesticide in controlling many nematode species. However, due to its high toxicity, the United States banned the production and use of the chemical.

What are the Health Effects of Oxamyl?

When ingested in drinking water, Oxamyl in high amounts may lead to unconsciousness, undetectable blood pressure, pupillary constriction, and incontinence apnea.

How Does Oxamyl Get into Drinking Water?

Runoff and leachate from industrial uses are the common causes of oxamyl in drinking water. The chemical can also get into water systems because of improper waste management and storage.

How Do You Remove Oxamyl from Drinking Water?

You can remove the chemical oxamyl from your drinking water to below the EPA water regulation of 0.2 mg/L or 200 ppb with the use of the media granular activated carbon (GAC). Regardless of your water source, you can eliminate the chemical from your water when you have a water filtration system using the media inside its filter chamber. The removal of chemicals is a lot easier when you have a reliable water filtration system.

List of Contaminants

50% Off Select Filtration Systems

Simple Water Test Kits

Click the image below to browse all available test kits to make sure your homes water supply is not toxic...
Weekly newsletter

Make Sure Your Water Is Safe To Drink.