Do water filter pitchers work?
Tap water may seem clean, but it’s most likely it has some compounds and chemicals, such as zinc, chlorine, and hydrogen sulfide, can make your water have a metallic flavor or smell like sewage, besides the harm that they can do to your health
As much as we think our tap water is safe, there may be lots of contaminants that we don’t even know about, the Safe Drinking Water Act is undeniably outdated, not a single contaminant has been added to the list of regulated chemicals since the year 2000.
The standards for judging whether a chemical is harmful at certain levels have not been updated since 1974.
Our society has grown, and the pollutants and other chemical contaminants have been part of our daily lives, and one way or another, these contaminants end up getting into our tap water. That’s why filtering your tap water is the first step to protecting your family from toxins daily.
Government regulations focus on protecting us from the big health risks like waterborne bacterial diseases but the dangers of chronic exposure on the drinking water are a problem that we all need to take personal responsibility for.
The Water Filter Pitcher is the easiest and most affordable way to filter your water. They’re typically portable, easy to use, and require minimal maintenance, therefor don’t cost much. They work perfectly filtering contaminants and ca make your household safe.
Seychelle Water Filter Pitcher
The Seychelle pitcher has some fantastic features offered, it has an entirely different style compared to other brands on the market. It uses two filter cartridges for faster water filtration, and a water decanter, unlike other water pitcher filters. This model is great for larger households that have higher water consumption.
Seychelle pitcher is built using FDA-approved materials, all the plastic components are BPA free and all materials used in the product are recyclable.
The water filtration and flow are 33% better compared with other pitchers because of its design. It was designed to make it easy for the water to flow and to have a quick filling, you can keep it in your fridge’s door because it has a compact design.
How long do Seychelle filters last?
The dual filters can filter up to 200 gallons (0.76 m³) of filtered water, it can last even more if your water source is not heavily contaminated.
This means you will get roughly 3 – 4 months of filtered water for every cartridge pair you buy.
You can clean the filters every three weeks which can prevent clogging. The pitcher has a daily maximum capacity of 64 ounces or 0.5 gallons, it provides eight cups of clean water before you need to refill it. You will most likely have to refill the pitcher some times per day, depending on your water consumption.
Seychelle Water Filter Benefits
- Provides naturally enhanced alkaline water for improved health and hydration
- The filter cartridge is pre-washed and includes a flashbulb
- Removes up to 99.99% of harmful contaminants and pollutants.
- This water filter will effectively remove the bad contaminants while leaving the trace minerals in the water.
- Increases energy and restores pH balance
- Provides better hydration and aids in detoxification
- Antioxidant properties to neutralize free radicals
- Slows the aging process and lowers blood pressure
- Helps maintain a healthy body weight
- Aids indigestion
Seychelle Water Filter Cons
The drawbacks are related to the filters, they can’t treat water that has a high quantity of salt or other hard minerals. In that case, when the water is high on salt or calcium or magnesium the filter cartridge can become clogged.
Another, negative is it does not remove salt effectively and not recommend to use if you have a water softener connected to the water supply.
Unboxing the Seychelle Pitcher
- First, you need to remove the filters.
- Then, you will have to wash the decanter, reservoir, and lid with mild soap water – The manufacturer recommends you do not clean the filters.
- And last, you’re going to flush the filter cartridge with the flush bulb.
- Once that process is done you screw the filters back to the bottom of the water tank and re-insert the reservoir.