In this article, we are telling you what natural Health Expert Dr. Joseph Mercola discusses in this video about Whole House Water Filter, the different types of water sources in his home and why filters are so essential, you really need to watch it!
Are whole house water filters necessary and most importantly, are whole house water filters worth it?
Whether you are using water for drinking, cooking or even for showering, it is important to use water that is completely pure and doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals. With a water filter, you can use water for every purpose without the fear of consuming and in-taking harmful chemicals. Water is meant to be life and it is important to keep it healthy and pure all the time.
If you want to install a whole house water filtration system at your home then it is important to make the right choice. Getting the product at the cheapest price is NOT what you must do.
The filtration system, capacity of water, flow rate, certification and types of filters is what you need to compare before buying one.
You must consider that some contaminants that inhabit your water are volatile, so when you are bathing or using hot water you will still be contaminated, that’s why a Whole House Water Filtration System is so important, it’s a type of water filtration system that treats your water before it enters your home.
A 3-stage water purification system ensures that each and every harmful contamination is removed from the water. Though filtering out 100% of the impurities is not possible but cleaning up to 98% is pretty great. This can improve your health and lifestyle to a great extent.
What should I look for in a whole house water filter?
Before deciding what you should look for in a water filtration system, you need to establish what type of contaminant exists in your water supply.
You will need a good filtration system that can remove sediments, rust, chemicals, heavy metals, microorganisms and others, you can check them out in your contaminant page.
After discovering what is in your water, you need to choose one that will satisfy your needs, It will be worth every single penny you spend on it. For choosing a whole house water filter you will need to think about your needs and compare which one fits you better in those aspects:
- the capacity,
- filtration system,
- flow rate
If you have a big family you will need one with higher capacity and water flow, the type of filtration system will vary on what type of contaminants you have in house water supply. To get to know more about those aspects you can access our page about water filter.
Does a whole house water filter reduce water pressure?
The answer to this question is in two parts: a) yes, it can; and b) no, it shouldn’t.
This is one of the reasons that it is very important to call on professional plumbers with knowledge installing a variety of water treatment systems for homes. Water filters and reverse osmosis systems must be properly matched to the plumbing, so they are not too powerful and end up obstructing water. If you have skilled professionals take care of selecting the unit for your house, you should not experience any noticeable drop in water pressure, and you can enjoy clean water with any interruptions. You also need to consider if you have the right water filter that can supply your water needs.
How much does it cost to install a whole house water filtration system?
A point-of-use carbon system can cost less than $100, while a point-of-use reverse osmosis system costs several hundred dollars. A whole-house carbon system costs close to $2,000, and a whole-house reverse-osmosis filter costs several thousand dollars, if not tens of thousands of dollars.
What is the best whole house water filter?
- Whole house water filtration system with 1″ stainless steel reinforced inlet/outlet connectors
- Perfect for residential homes, helps protect appliances and pluming from sediment and scale
- Features bypass shut off valve, integrated bracket design and battery operated filter change timer
- Reduces: sediment, rust, scale, dirt, coarse sand, sand, fine sand, silt, bad taste, odor, aesthetic chlorine taste and odor (depending on filter cartridge)
- The WH-HD200-C housing has been tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 372 for low lead compliance, CSA B483.1 and NSF/ANSI 42 for material safety and structural integrity requirements only
- Includes: WR-HD housing wrench, mounting bracket, filter life monitor and filter monitor battery
- Compatible with Culligan filter cartridges: R50-BBSA, CW25-BBS, CP5-BBS, CW5-BBS, RFC-BBSA
- [Two-Stage Effective Filtration] 1st-Stage premium 5-micron polypropylene sediment filter (FP15B) captures dirt, sand, silt, dust, rust, and scale particles and extends the life of CTO carbon block filter. Using high quality coconut shell carbon and highly compact fabrication tech, 2nd-stage CTO filter(FC15B) knocks out cloudiness as well as bad tastes and odors, removes over 90% of chlorine, and is highly effective on organic compounds like herbicides and industrial solvents.
- [Superb Filtration Capacity] 10″x4.5″ replaceable whole house water filters can provide up to a full year of clean water(up to 50,000 gallons) for a family of four. 1-inch inlet and outlet ports allow fast water flow with less pressure loss. Fine PP sediment filter and premium quality CTO filter not only bring clean and fresh water to every faucet in your house, but also help prolong the lives of your water-using appliances and protect plumbing from sediment and scale buildup.
- [Easy Installation and Filter Change] The system comes pre-assembled onto the mounting bracket for a streamlined, DIY installation. Filter wrench included to make routine filter changes easy and quick. A pressure release valve allows for the release of built-up pressure when changing filters. Refer to our manual and/or YouTube videos to Install this point-of-entry (POE) filtration system at the main water supply to get clean and healthy water for the entire family.
- [Top-Notch Customer Service] Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and extended manufacturer warranty upon warranty registration at iSpring. Lifetime tech support(678-261-7611) from Atlanta, GA USA.
- [TDS Note] Unlike an RO system, this system will NOT reduce
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), and instead keeps healthy minerals in your water. If you are interested in a filter that removes TDS, consider our iSpring Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems such as RCC7 series and/or tankless RO system RO500.
- Heavy-duty filtration system: Clear sump allows for easy viewing of filter
- Filters water at the main supply: Install system in basement and/or out of sight. Compatible Pipe Connections-Horizontal only
- Premium filtration: Certified to reduce sediment, scale, dirt and rust in your water, appliances and plumbing fixtures
- Easy installation: Includes 1″ plumbing connection, pressure relief valve, bypass option, mounting bracket and remote filter reminder light for simple installation and filter change
- Three-month life: For best filtration results, filter: FXHTC or FXHSC (not included) should be replaced every three months
ACCESSORIES : Filters, Installation Kit, Mounting Brackets, Wrench
- October 4, 2019