Water filters, types of water supply, and the harms of untreated water
In this post, we want to discuss with you water filters, types of water supply, and the harms of untreated water. We made this post based on Dr. Mercola’s video about this topic.
We have three different options for good quality water:
- Mountain springs, you can find one here.
Mountain Spring water is living water, It comes from the earth, just the way nature intended, meaning it is the best water on the planet for the human body. Drinking natural spring water daily can bring some benefits like maintaining healthy body weight, improved circulation, decrease muscle and joint pain, better food digestion, and healthy glowing skin, it also helps the body to maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keep the bones strong, support a healthy immune system, and to keep the heart rhythm steady.
The body requires 220 and 410 milligrams of magnesium daily and the spring water can help with that.
- Well Water
Well water is untreated groundwater, It isn’t hard to find drinkable groundwater. But, since groundwater is essentially rain that has moved through the soil and into an aquifer, it can absorb a lot of other things along the way.
There’s much more in your well water than H2O, that’s why you will need a water filter system. Before buying your water filtration system, you need to do a test to find out what contaminant is present in your water, after that you are free to choose.
- Municipal Water Treatment – Tap Water
The third type of water supply it’s the most used, 90% of the North American population use this type of water with no other filter added. Tap water with no other kind of filter has lots of contaminants like fluoride or drugs that are prescribed for you. You must be wondering how is this possible, well, tap water lots of times comes from the filtrated sewer, and the municipal filtration can’t remove all the contaminants.
Tap water can contain fluorine, pipes can add lead and other stuff, chlorine is added to remove some microorganisms but it ends up killing your beneficial bacteria when mixed with organic compounds it creates disinfection by-products (DBP). DPB is made off trihalomethanes or endorses attic acids, they can increase cancer and other diseases.
Any filter it’s better than NO Filter. Because with no filter you become the filtration system.
If you don’t want to acquire a water filter there is another option:
Bottled Water, but there is not a good a long term option and here is why:
-First, it’s nod good at all for the environment, by buying bottled water you will increase the use of fuel for transportation and you will increase the use of plastic.
-Plastic has BPA that are toxic components.
– The municipal water supply is regulated by the EPA, that has very strict rules about contamination, bottled water is regulated by the FDA, and they are not so exigent, so the bottled water can be easily duped.
Unfortunately, not all of us live close to a mountain stream where we can fill up our water bottles and drink some of the best water on the planet for free – the way nature designed it. Most of us live in large urban areas and need to rely on commercial water distribution systems that are often loaded with chlorine, disinfection byproducts, fluoride, and many other toxins. Assuming you’ve thought about it and got the result that the best is to buy a water filter to be sure of the absence of contaminants, here are Doctor Mercola’s favorites.
Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
- 6-Stage Alkaline Remineralization Layered Filtration: Exclusively designed to restore the natural alkalinity and mineral balance of water; this reliable and ultra-safe Reverse Osmosis (RO) water filtration system converts your water into clean, pure and healthy drinking water by removing up to 99% of over 1, 000 harmful contaminants like chlorine, fluoride, lead (removes up to 98%), arsenic, asbestos, sodium, calcium and more.
- BENEFITS The iSpring RCC7AK water softener includes an additional sixth stage – an Alkaline Remineralization filter which restores healthy minerals and produces a balanced alkalinity which gives your water a more natural taste than regular 5 stage RO water filter the RO membrane removes not only harmful pollutants but also a few helpful minerals As a result a standard 5 stage RO system produces slightly acidic water with a pH of 7 0 or below
- FEATURES Beautiful European-Style kitchen faucet Transparent 1st stage housing for easy visual inspection Three extra long life pre-filters to remove large contaminants and protect RO membrane Ultra fine (RO) filter to remove contaminants down to 0 0001 microns fine GAC filter to provide final polishing to the purified water and (AK) filter to finally restore just the right proportion of healthy minerals and a natural alkaline balance The end result is great-tasting bottled-water quality
- EASY DO IT YOURSELF INSTALLATION The water purifier is designed for do-it-yourself installation and all necessary parts for installation are included backed by clear well-organized written instructions instructional videos and access to iSpring unparalleled technical support The entire alkaline water filter fits nicely under a standard kitchen sink For leak-free installation simply push tubing ½ inch deep into quick-fitting connectors and lock no threading pipes needed
- 100% SATISFIED CUSTOMERS RCC7AK from America’s favorite brand of under sink water filter is the No 1 rated reverse osmosis systems in the USA backed by iSpring extended manufacturer upon registration at 123filter DOT com / and lifetime personalized support line 678-261-7611 from Alpharetta GA combined with premium quality components this water filter is to deliver endless bottled quality drinking water right in your home for many years to come eliminating plastic bottles
- Only technology to remove up to 99% of contaminants including arsenic, chlorine, lead, fluoride, heavy metals, bacteria, virus and 1000+ contaminants. Max Total Dissolved Solids – 2000 ppm. Feed Water Pressure 40-85 psi
- WQA Certified System. Premium long-lasting filters used to treat tap water, well water. Provide unlimited clean, refreshing crisp tasting water superior to bottled water
- America’s No.1 rated water filter brand with 20 years of success guaranteeing trouble free, noise-free system for long lasting, dependable, pure drinking water.
- System comes with 100% lead-free designer faucet, plus FDA Certified JG Food grade tubing and parts to provide safe, contamination-free pure water..Pipe Size:1/4 inches
2 year extended manufacturer warranty with registration.
- System comes with all parts and industry’s best instructions and videos for an easy DIY experience.
- High quality leak-free quick connect fittings require no extra lock clips to seal leak, and does not rely on water leak detector to protect your home like other brands.
The Easiest to Install – Our easy quick four point set up means you’re up and running fast
A Healthy Life Made Easy – How water SHOULD taste! Remove up to 99.99% of major contaminants
Help Has Arrived – Support from experts who can answer any of your questions about your home’s water
Fully Compatible – Fits most standard faucet types, includes adapters for the 3 most common faucets
Simply Pure – Removes fluoride, lead, chlorine, chromium, calcium, nitrates, bacteria, viruses, more
Whole House Water Filter
- Whole house water filtration system with 1″ stainless steel reinforced inlet/outlet connectors
- Perfect for residential homes, helps protect appliances and pluming from sediment and scale
- Features bypass shut off valve, integrated bracket design and battery operated filter change timer
- Reduces: sediment, rust, scale, dirt, coarse sand, sand, fine sand, silt, bad taste, odor, aesthetic chlorine taste and odor (depending on filter cartridge)
- The WH-HD200-C housing has been tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 372 for low lead compliance, CSA B483.1 and NSF/ANSI 42 for material safety and structural integrity requirements only
- Includes: WR-HD housing wrench, mounting bracket, filter life monitor and filter monitor battery
- Compatible with Culligan filter cartridges: R50-BBSA, CW25-BBS, CP5-BBS, CW5-BBS, RFC-BBSA
- [Two-Stage Effective Filtration] 1st-Stage premium 5-micron polypropylene sediment filter (FP15B) captures dirt, sand, silt, dust, rust, and scale particles and extends the life of CTO carbon block filter. Using high quality coconut shell carbon and highly compact fabrication tech, 2nd-stage CTO filter(FC15B) knocks out cloudiness as well as bad tastes and odors, removes over 90% of chlorine, and is highly effective on organic compounds like herbicides and industrial solvents.
- [Superb Filtration Capacity] 10″x4.5″ replaceable whole house water filters can provide up to a full year of clean water(up to 50,000 gallons) for a family of four. 1-inch inlet and outlet ports allow fast water flow with less pressure loss. Fine PP sediment filter and premium quality CTO filter not only bring clean and fresh water to every faucet in your house, but also help prolong the lives of your water-using appliances and protect plumbing from sediment and scale buildup.
- [Easy Installation and Filter Change] The system comes pre-assembled onto the mounting bracket for a streamlined, DIY installation. Filter wrench included to make routine filter changes easy and quick. A pressure release valve allows for the release of built-up pressure when changing filters. Refer to our manual and/or YouTube videos to Install this point-of-entry (POE) filtration system at the main water supply to get clean and healthy water for the entire family.
- [Top-Notch Customer Service] Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee and extended manufacturer warranty upon warranty registration at iSpring. Lifetime tech support(678-261-7611) from Atlanta, GA USA.
- [TDS Note] Unlike an RO system, this system will NOT reduce
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), and instead keeps healthy minerals in your water. If you are interested in a filter that removes TDS, consider our iSpring Reverse Osmosis (RO) systems such as RCC7 series and/or tankless RO system RO500.
- Heavy-duty filtration system: Clear sump allows for easy viewing of filter
- Filters water at the main supply: Install system in basement and/or out of sight. Compatible Pipe Connections-Horizontal only
- Premium filtration: Certified to reduce sediment, scale, dirt and rust in your water, appliances and plumbing fixtures
- Easy installation: Includes 1″ plumbing connection, pressure relief valve, bypass option, mounting bracket and remote filter reminder light for simple installation and filter change
- Three-month life: For best filtration results, filter: FXHTC or FXHSC (not included) should be replaced every three months
ACCESSORIES : Filters, Installation Kit, Mounting Brackets, Wrench
Activated Carbon Water Filter
💧 [COMPLETELY CLEAN WATER] Make your home contamination-free by removing chlorine and other harmful industrial chemicals – Now you can drink water knowing it is 100% safe.
💧 [ULTRA-HIGH GRADE FILTRATION] Our pure water coconut carbon filter is extensively tested and verified to meet health and product standards. Have a piece of mind knowing your water is purified with the superior Aquaboon filtration system.
💧 [UNIVERSAL 10-INCH REPLACEMENT] Elegantly designed at 4.5” x 10”, it will fit all standard 10 inch Big Blue Whole House filtration systems of 3M, GE, Culligan, ClearChoice, Dupont, Pentek, Omni, Kenmore, Omnifilter, Whirlpool, Watts, Filtrete, etc. Your easy and smart coconut shell carbon filter.
💧 [LONG LASTING] Your carbon block activated water filter comes in an airtight packaging, so you can trust it won’t go to waste, works better and lasts longer. Enjoy long-lasting coconut shell activated carbon water filters. Aquaboon – your smartest coconut shell water filter solution! Lifetime – 6 month (Replace once or twice times a year, depending on the water quality).
💧 [Compatible Replacement Filters] ClearChoice 84629, DuPont WFHDC8001, KX Technologies 32-425-125-975, MATRIKX-CTO2-HD10, Liquatec CB-450-975-05, Pelican CB-BB-10, Pentek 155548-43, EP-BB, EP, EPM, CBC, CCBC & CEP Series, Trojan CB-BB-10, Watts MAXETW-FF975, WCBFF975, etc.
- Protect your Water – Removes Chlorine, Pesticides, Total Organic Carbon (TOC), Bad Taste, Odor, Fine Sediments, and Industrial Solvents
- High Standard Filtration – Verified by independent laboratory testing to meet NSF / ANSI 58 Standard
- The Best Filtration – Efficiently packed carbon granules create full coverage filtration which means your filter lasts longer
- Universal Standard Size – 5 Micron Activated Carbon Block (ACB) Filter, 9. 75” x 2. 5” size fits all 10” filters
- Made to Last – Airtight vacuum sealed packaging prevents spoiling of your filter
- Safe Water Matters: GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) filtration greatly reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine, and sediment
- Large Capacity Filtration: Each large capacity in line water filter lasts an average of 3 months for a total of 6 months filtration
- Multiple Uses: Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall. Great for RVs, boats, campers, pets, gardening, and much more
- 20 Micron Sediment Filter: Removes particles greater than 20 microns
- Protects Against Bacteria: Premium KDF provides protection against bacteria growth while filter is stored or not in use
- Low Lead Certified: Compliant with all federal and state level low lead laws. CSA low lead content certified to NSF/ANSI 362
- Made in the USA: Product is made in the USA
Whole House Water Filter
- November 4, 2019