Homemade Water Filter! The 3-stage “Tuna-Can” water purifier! simple to make. works fast. made with 3 tuna cans, a plastic bottle and coffee filters (along with sand, gravel and activated carbon). great for SHTF Emergency, camping/hiking, off-gridding or everyday use. activated carbon filtering removes hundreds of contaminants from water and cleans the water of dirt, silt and sediment. it also removes any bad taste/odor or color and restores it’s clarity and good taste. *the 3 cartridge system keeps each level separate so mixing won’t occur and it makes it easy to clean or replace each level as necessary. also makes it easy to dry. just take apart and air dry after each use.
Ultimate DIY Water Filter! This Homemade Water Purifier is extremely effective and super easy to make. The “2 Stage” design purifies almost all water sources to 99.999%. Starts to produce clean/clear (super hot) water within 20 seconds! uses no electricity. great to have in a SHTF/Emergency situation or for everyday use. *also doubles as a water heater and stove burner!. you can cook on top of the coil at the same time the water is heating/purifing! water purifier, water heater and stove all in one! *and with the exception of the activated carbon and the copper coil, the filter is made almost entirely out of “free stuff” (recycled/reused metal cans, plastic bottle, glass jar – along with sand and gravel). note that the “1st stage” of the filter (activated carbon part) removes predominantly the chemical impurities (along with bad taste/color/odor/sediment). while the “2nd stage” (heated coil) predominantly removes the biological contaminants (parasites/bacteria/viruses etc…) when used together they’re extremely effective as a filtering system. should purify almost all water sources. note – one of the few things it won’t remove is salt from salt water and certain minerals. of interest: total length of copper tubing is 10 ft. tubing is 1/4″. a crumpled up piece of coffee filter paper can be used in place of the cotton balls. i was able to purifiy 12oz of water every 3 mins or so (about 1/2 gallon every 15 mins). it uses about 25 cents worth of 70% isopropyl alcohol to purify a gallon. (i imagine in a pinch, since the can that holds the copper coil is very similar to a tin can stove, you could use small sticks, twigs and leaves as a fuel source instead of the alcohol). Of note: it only “steams up” for a few seconds every few minutes or so. most of the time the flow of escaping water vapor/steam is light and barely visible.
In this video, we will learn how to use Rain Bird Large Capacity Disc Filter to protect our home appliances from dirty water.
You can use this filter as whole house water filter,washing machine,dishwasher etc.
About Water Filter
A water filter removes impurities by lowering contamination of water using a fine physical barrier, a chemical process, or a biological process. Filters cleanse water to different extents for purposes such as providing agricultural irrigation, accessible drinking water, public and private aquaria, and the safe use of ponds and swimming pools.
About Rainbird 1 Large Capacity Disc Filter-130 Micron/120 Mesh-NPT Thread
Rain Bird disc filter is a type of irrigation filter, similar to a screen filter, except that the filter cartridge is made up of a number of disks stacked on top of each other like a pile of poker chips.
The filtration element consists of grooved discs, mounted on a spine, forming a cylindrical filter element. The water passes through the small grooves in between the discs which are compressed together by a spring located at the bottom of the filter cover and the impurities are trapped behind. Disc filters can be back flushed in such a way that the disks are able to separate and spin during the cleaning cycle.
Rain Bird Corporation supplies custom configured disc filters from 50 GPM to 4000 GPM.
1)Rain Bird HDF Disc Filter Advantages
• HDF systems helical action provides efficient cleaning
• Manufactured from engineered plastics to resist rust and corrosion from chemicals and water
• Pre-assembled for easy installation
• Disc elements provide depth filtration, not just surface filtration
• Manual backflush cycle can be initiated from the controller
• Plastic backflush valves are lightweight and corrosion resistant
• Low maintenance
• Filtration disc versatility. Filtration grade can be easily changed
2) Rain Bird Filtron 110 Filter Flush Controller
• Rain Bird Filtron 110 Control Unit allows backwash activation by time or pressure differential
• Operates 12V DC latch solenoids or 24V AC solenoids
• Control units available in 12 VDC, 110 VAC and 220 VAC
• LCD and keyboard allow easy to read performance parameters and ease of setting the controller.
• Filtration Area. Larger filtration area equals less frequent cleaning, which lowers overall maintenance costs.
• Disc Filtration Option. Ideal for dirty water supplies due to increased filtration area. Particularly effective for water with high organic content.
• Higher Allowable Flow Rates. These filters are ideal for large irrigation zones that require a higher flow rate.
• Quality. When you sell Rain Bird, you sell dependability and peace of mind.
4) Disc Filter
• Disc Filter are 120 mesh filters are made up of
hundreds of grooved discs that allow water to pass
while trapping debris. Less maintenance required
due to the large surface area.
• Durable: Made of long-lasting engineering-grade plastic.
• Movable Discs: threaded closure system locks discs into place while in operation and allows them to decompress for easy cleaning of the filter unit.
You can buy it from
Product link is
This video may help to understand
• whole house water filter for well water
• whole house water filter reviews
• whole house water filter systems
• home drinking water filtration
• best home water filtration system
• whole house water filter installation
• whole house water softener
• mixed media filtration system
THANKS FOR WATCHING.
If you enjoyed video, please do like, share and comment.
Please SUBSCRIBE to follow new Uploads
Always be safe, everything you do is at YOUR OWN RISK!
I shall not be liable for any injuries, loss or damages claimed to be caused by watching the contents either.
Homemade Water Filter. DIY water filtration. simple design. needed: plastic bottle, sand, gravel. small piece of cotton and activated carbon (can be found at walmart/pet stores and wherever aquarium supplies are sold). filter should last 2 to 4 weeks before you have to change carbon. remember to rinse activated carbon before using it (or water will have a blackish color). when SHTF in an emergency be ready.
DIY Water Filter. Homemade “High-Volume” Water Filter. Easy DIY. Fast Filtering – makes a glassful in seconds (whole gallon in just over 3 minutes). low cost ~ only $7.00 for supplies ($6 for the carbon and $1 for the coffee filters). with proper maintenance it should last for years. removes virtually all sediment, any bad odors/smells/tastes and over 200 chemical contaminants (including herbicides, pesticides, pharmaceuticals etc.). i constructed it mainly to make my tap water taste good (it’s so full of chlorine and other junk, i can barely keep it down). use the filtered water for drinking, cooking, making ice etc. works perfect with any tap water (rain water too). can also be used with pond/river water (just boil it first, to remove any pathogens) then put it thru the filter. tips: construct using a one liter bottle and the whole carton of carbon for maximum filtering. double up the screen inside the bottle cap if necessary. use a new coffee filter between uses. when done using it, discard the coffee filter and remove diffuser to dry.
DIY Water Purifier w/non-electric “Human Powered” Pump! simple “activated carbon” water filter w/siphon pump. made using PVC pipe, (w/a couple of brass fittings), some scrap window screen – and the carbon. great for purifying tap water, rain water, stream/river water (or any “moving” water source). works good with lake/pond water too (just boil it before or after filtering). activated carbon filtering removes over 200 chemical contaminants (herbicides/pesticides, pharmaceuticals… you name t). also removes all bad odors/tastes/smells and removes most dirt debris and sediment. pump is $5.59 from harbor freight. carbon from walmart $6.00 and PVC (@brass fittings) from home depot. great for camping/hiking/off-grid/emergency/shtf or everyday use. couple of notes: if collection container is lower than source water, then you only have to pump it a few times (to get it going) and it will run theoretically forever (siphoning action). ppm water reading included in video. the pump is multi-use. it comes with an air hose too, so it can be used for air mattresses, beach balls etc…